AAAA Generator Services follows our own custom written procedure that includes more than 50 individual checks on various parts of the generator and transfer switch that either meets or exceeds NFPA-110 requirements for life-safety applications*:
- Output voltage tests at the transfer switch to confirm the generator is functioning properly
- Transfer switch test (<15min) and maintenance (if power shutdown is allowed)
- Generator motor oil level, pressure and condition
- Generator coolant level and condition of coolant
- Generator cooling circuit temperature in various places at various times
- Block heater function and block temperature
- Generator cooling circuit general health including pump, belts
- Indicator lights and panel gauges on both the generator and transfer switch
- Small panel standard light bulb replacement on both the generator and transfer switch
- Battery, battery cables and charger condition
- Fluid leaks
- Fuel level
- Up to 20 minutes of onsite training is included with each visit.
- Other basic functions
AAAA Generator Services also includes the following as part of normal annual maintenance:
- We replace used oil with high quality motor oil specially formulated to last up to one year between oil changes**
- We replace used oil filters with new
- We replace used fuel filters with new
- We replace used coolant filters with new coolant filters as required
- New air filters as required (up to $50) – oil bath air filters get new oil
- We replace transfer switch standard batteries (AA, AAA, 9V, CR123) with new
- We add diesel fuel additive that is specially formulated to keep diesel fuel in good condition when stored for more than six months.
- We add DCA / EC1 coolant additive as required to maintain coolant circuits where these coolants have been installed.
AAAA Generator Services can provide the following but it is not part of the maintenance price:
- Resistive, reactive and supplemental load banks
- ATS reconditioning, modifications, certifying, infra-red photos
- Generator controller modifications and upgrading
- Circuit breaker testing and certification
- We provide diesel fuel for our regular maintenance customers with discounts available when fueling is scheduled with regular maintenance. Customers requesting this fuel service will need to be approved in advance (advance notice is requested so we can be sure to arrive with the exact amount of fuel required). Please call 888-664-2436 to apply and to check on current costs for your area.
- Coolant addition, flushes and changes when required. Normal coolant is rated for between 3-5 years while some newer coolants are rated for up to 7 years. Straight water is rated for about 24 hours, should only be used in an emergency and should be replaced immediately with a 50% coolant mix. We offer you your choice of coolant options.
- 12V battery replacement. Lead-acid batteries should be replaced every 3-5 years.
- Replacements for block heaters, thermostats, slave solenoids, belts, hoses, radiator caps, coolant overflows and battery maintainers as well as rat-proofing and many other services are available.
*Example is based on the procedure used for water-cooled diesel generators. Other types of generators may not require as many checks and steps. Fuel, oil or coolant sampling, often required for NFPA-110 compliance, is offered for an additional $30 charge.
**We provide synthetic motor oil exclusively for small 3600RPM air-cooled generators. All others receive conventional oil by default.