• QUOTES: AAAA Generator Services strives to keep its prices below the average marketplace prices. Most generator maintenance or service is done on a quotation basis that includes everything, so there are no surprises later. A quick site survey should be all that is necessary to nail down a price!ǂ
• PHONE CALLS: Free!
• NORMAL HOURLY RATES: M-F 7am-5pm, two hour minimum †
- Level I technician rate: $109/hr
- Level II technician rate: $139/hr
- Level III technician rate: $159/hr
• AFTER HOURS HOURLY RATES (scheduled, non-emergency):
- Monday - Saturday (excluding 12am-6am and holidays): Normal rate x 1.5 with a 3-4 hour minimum, depending on the situation***.
- Sundays, Holidays and 12am - 6am: Normal rate x 2 with a 4-6 hour minimum, depending on the situation***.
• MILEAGE: Billed at $2.25/mile in both directions, with no traffic penalty****.
• MULTIPLE GENERATOR DISCOUNT: Ask about our contract discounts! Many of our customers have more than one generator, so we give a discount to customers who have us provide for all their generators' needs.
• MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY WORK: The customer is responsible for all costs that exceed what the warranty provider actually pays. This commonly includes rush fees, labor and travel charges, etc.
• DIESEL: Discounted diesel fueling charge (if approved and performed during maintenance or while we are otherwise on site): $95 charge for each 50 gallons or fraction thereof. So it is $95 for 1-50 gallons and $190 for 51-100 gallons, etc. Advance notice is required so we can be sure to arrive with the correct amount of fuel. Fueling not combined with maintenance (not generally offered) would be at our normal hourly rates.
• For generators up to 100kW dropped off at our facility, there is a $150 handling charge per week (or fraction thereof) that it is at our facility (or $375 monthly). Handling charges for generators larger than 100kW are available by request.
• Appointment scheduling falls into four basic categories, outlined below. If you would like more urgent scheduling, please be sure to specify your preference exactly.
- 1) Normal (default): Our lowest pricing. Generator is made available when we're in the area (reduces travel charges).
- 2) Normal ASAP: Full travel charges (round-trip, actual travel, portal to portal) are pre-approved at our normal hourly rates (to avoid waiting for us to be in the area).
- 3) Urgent 24-hour response time: Urgent rates specifically reviewed and pre-approved.
- 4) Emergency 2-hour response time: Emergency rates specifically reviewed and pre-approved.
• A hint about setting a time: As with any mobile service, we will set a time "window" as well as try to estimate an exact time we expect to arrive. If we set your appointment for the afternoon, it is likely we've scheduled someone else for the morning. Inevitably, some jobs are either faster or slower than expected, sometimes making us either early or late for subsequent appointments. But if you have an early morning appointment, you can set your watch by us! So if you need a punctual visit, you’ll want to be the first one on that day’s schedule. Also, we can provide appointment guarantees for as little as one hour's labor rate. Again, just ask!
ǂ Prices are subject to change, with changes being posted on our website. Quoted maintenance prices will not increase more than 15% annually without written prior notice. Exceptions might include if generator had been replaced/modified and/or if access to generator had been made more difficult, etc.
†A note about which level technician you should choose: Level I technicians are well versed and certified on residential standby systems. Level II technicians are well versed and certified on all equipment and have some installation experience. Level III (aka Master) technician status is reserved for technicians that not only have extensive certifications but also have a minimum of ten years experience in all aspects of generator installations, service and repairs as well as a special talent for diagnostics, troubleshooting and repairs. - Our goal is for our customers to be able to take advantage of the best technician pricing in the Bay Area without having to worry about their status. So if ever a lower level technician fails to perform and a higher level technician has to be dispatched, provided the condition of the generator was represented honestly when the first appointment was made, we will limit our charges to what a Level III technician would have charged, had he been dispatched first.
* An urgent call is defined by us arriving within one business day of being called (during normal business hours). If we're not already occupied for that time period, our normal rate applies with no hour minimum regardless of the short notice or emergency. If it is urgent but you don’t want to pay the extra $$, just ask and we'll schedule it ASAP!
**An emergency call is defined by us having to arrive within 2 hours of being called.
***Minimum hours, where noted as flexible, are determined by whether we had to miss an appointment to arrive within the required timeframe.
****Normal (non-emergency) travel charges are calculated using Google Maps, not actual (taking the combined total travel for that technician for that day - never more than roundtrip from our base of operations in Hayward, CA). Since this never increases because of traffic or detours, it is easy to calculate in advance your maximum travel charge (before reductions from any combined appointments). However, because urgent and/or emergency work may require irregular and/or inefficient routes, that travel may be billed as actual, portal to portal.
Note: As with any mobile service, there will occasionally be misunderstandings when giving directions. Sometimes, these misunderstandings can lead to substantial time and mileage costs. For this reason, it is important to give us accurate and precise location information in writing before we come out. Latitude and longitude are excellent for us to know ahead of time, for example. However, in the event that we are given inaccurate directions, any resulting costs above 15 minutes and/or 10 miles is billable, regardless if work was done for time and materials or bid price.